You will regularly interact with our veterinarians, residents, interns, veterinary technicians, and fourth-year students while at the teaching hospital, but there are also teams of compassionate and highly trained people working behind the scenes that you may never see. While you may not meet them, they play a vital role in ensuring all our patients receive exceptional care.
- Anesthesia – Our team works closely with surgeons and other specialists to provide anesthesia, sedation, pain management, and other services for all species of animals at the teaching hospital.
- Blood Bank – We are able to provide our animal patients with life-saving blood transfusions from our on-site blood bank. Your dog or cat can donate blood that could save a sick or injured animal.
- Clinical Pathology – Our team performs comprehensive laboratory and diagnostic testing to provide timely and accurate diagnostic services to our staff and referring veterinarians.
- Diagnostic Imaging – The teaching hospital is equipped with advanced imaging technologies to help us quickly and accurately diagnose your animal and develop an effective treatment plan.
- Holter Monitoring – We can assess a patient’s heart rhythm and rate with a Holter monitor, or a portable electrocardiogram (ECG), which records the electrical activity of the heart continuously during a 24-hour period.
- Pharmacy – Our pharmacists work closely with our veterinarians and staff to provide safe and effective drug therapy to our animal patients.