Medicine, Emergency & Critical Care
From routine wellness evaluations to diagnosis of complicated medical conditions and treatment of sick foals, we have the largest number of equine specialists in the area to care for your animal. We also offer 24-hour, 7-day-a-week emergency and critical care with intensive care and neonatal intensive care units.
Primary care we offer
- Wellness evaluation
- Dental services
- Strategic deworming
- Nutrition recommendations
- Geriatric medicine
- Infectious disease prevention and biosecurity
Advanced surgical and diagnostic procedures to get your horse back to peak performance.
Some procedures we offer
- Minimally invasive joint and abdominal surgeries: arthroscopy and laparoscopic
- CT-assisted fracture repair
- Respiratory surgery and static and dynamic evaluation for respiratory disease
- Colic surgery and treatment
- Advance diagnostic imaging tools for use in analyzing lameness
- Surgical oncology: electrochemotherapy, laser surgery, and radiation
Reproductive care for your mare and stallion.
We specialize in
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility and reproductive disorders
- Artificial insemination with cooled and frozen-thawed semen
- Embryo transfer
- Management of high-risk pregnancies
- Foaling and foaling complications management
- Breeding soundness examinations of the stallion and mare
- Semen collection and freezing
Hospital Stories | Health Topics
Featured Health Topics
- About 27% of horse owners buy painkillers without consulting veterinarians Many horse owners purchase painkilling and potentially dangerous drugs without having a veterinarian examine their horse first, a WSU-led survey found.
- Horse health in the smoke Horses should not exercise in smoky conditions.
Grateful Client Giving
-Anne Hensley, veterinary hospital client
Any current clinical studies for this service will be listed below.