Large Animal Veterinary Care
Primary, emergency, and specialized care for horses and other equine
Medicine, Emergency & Critical Care
From routine wellness evaluations to diagnosis of complicated medical conditions and treatment of sick foals, we have the largest number of equine specialists in the area to care for your animal. We also offer 24-hour, 7-day-a-week emergency and critical care with intensive care and neonatal intensive care units.
Primary care we offer
- Wellness evaluation
- Dental services
- Strategic deworming
- Nutrition recommendations
- Geriatric medicine
- Infectious disease prevention and biosecurity
Advanced surgical and diagnostic procedures to get your horse back to peak performance.
Some procedures we offer
- Minimally invasive joint and abdominal surgeries: arthroscopy and laparoscopic
- CT-assisted fracture repair
- Respiratory surgery and static and dynamic evaluation for respiratory disease
- Colic surgery and treatment
- Advance diagnostic imaging tools for use in analyzing lameness
- Surgical oncology: electrochemotherapy, laser surgery, and radiation
Reproductive care for your mare and stallion.
We specialize in
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility and reproductive disorders
- Artificial insemination with cooled and frozen-thawed semen
- Embryo transfer
- Management of high-risk pregnancies
- Foaling and foaling complications management
- Breeding soundness examinations of the stallion and mare
- Semen collection and freezing
Hospital Stories | Health Topics
WSU veterinarians helped Margie, a newborn horse, survive a complication during birth.
Horse has extra limb removed.
Following a rare surgery last week, equine veterinarians are hopeful…
Featured Health Topics
Horses should not exercise in smoky conditions.
Grateful Client Giving
“This is a place of miracles.”
-Anne Hensley, veterinary hospital client
Any current clinical studies for this service will be listed below.