Dr. Franco Leal Yepes is an assistant professor of agricultural animal production and senior clinician in the Ag Animal section of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. His primary focus is preventive veterinary medicine and ambulatory medicine.
- PhD, Cornell University, 2018
- Residency, Ambulatory and Production Medicine Clinic, Cornell University Hospital for Animals, Ithaca, 2018
- DVM, University of Environmental and Applied Science – Bogotá, Colombia, 2008
The increasing global demand for food motivates me to design my research program towards finding innovative and sustainable solutions that impact producers’ and animals’ well-being in agriculture.
- The development and validation of point-of-care (POC) devices to measure blood metabolites on-farm as a critical diagnostic and screening tool in the modern dairy industry.
- Feeding strategies in dairy calves and cows to reduce the incidence of diseases.
- Use of sensing devices and automation towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the modern dairy industry